Followers

About Me

My photo
Nobody understands who I really am and I don't really care.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

When Life Happens

Cordy's night of bequeathal.
📸 Norman Espayos

Nothing is coincidence.  Even all the infinitesimal incidentals. 

Yesterday, I did not have anything planned, for my day off. (Well, week off). I just wanted to rest, and take time off from everything that was stressing me out, for the past weeks. I was resolved to just let things happen. I was grateful for the time alone.  I was thankful for being able to freely breathe, being comfortable by my lonesome. 

I was invited to attend my roommate's nephew's intimate birthday celebration. With lack of nothing to do, I decided to go. That would mean free food yow! Haha! Of course I would go.  Not wanting to be attached to my recent state of affairs, I was trying my best to distract my mind, and was successfully  focusing my attention, to what was in front of me... and not to what was missing. 

Then came the exchange of messages, in the group chat with the pole friends.  One of my pole sisters, Caress, was giving away her Tenor ukulele, and she was asking who would be interested to adopt Cordy.  I promptly claimed it as mine.  I have been planning on buying a uke of my own, but I haven't had the time, to look for decent one.   It was like heaven was speaking to me, nudging me to take hold of it, as soon as it is allowed.  

I had to leave the party. I promised my roommate, I would return, in time for the arrival of the rest of our roomies.  (Tequila shots were waiting).  I excitedly charged to Caress' and her hubby's flat, and so, I was able to take hold of Cordy, for the first time.  You know the happiness I felt? I knew it/he/Cordy was meant for me.  My heart was complacently beating, and I had that familiar, jubilant stomach butterflies. 

I was not planning to stay long, because I wanted preggy Caress to enjoy the rest of her day off as well. As always, with friends not having seen each other for a period of time, we had so much to catch up on.  Caress, being the straightforward person that she always is, asked me about my nonexistent other side of life, and the person involved in it.  I told her what recently took place, which had a considerable impact on me, and what ensued thereafter.  It was my first time to be in a conversation, with her husband Norman.  He was surprisingly, patient to my shallow whims. The two were both younger than me, but their wisdom about love, and life, knows no age.  I love how Norman boldly stated what he thought, and I appreciated his unsolicited advice.  

What took me by surprise was that, when I was about to leave, Norman insisted that they pray for me.  I did not expect that.  I was deeply touched by the impromptu pray over, and I was trying to hold back my tears.  I felt the earnestness in his prayer, and for a moment, I asked if I deserved it... I kind of knew in that instant, that I was meant to be at the place, because what Norman had to say, was something I needed to hear.  I felt God's grace once again.  Truly Lord, Your grace abounds. 

I am afraid to let my heart have what it desires.  I am unsure of what it wants... but I am lifting everything up to God.  If it will be my destruction, I trust that He will not allow it... and if it will be for the betterment of my soul, then I hope what I set my heart on, will be given to me.  If God wills it.  

Thank you to the couple Caress and Norman for entrusting Cordy to me... and for making me feel God's love, through your kindness.  This heart of mine, felt a little more brave, to take on what life has to give.  



Can't wait to create memories with you Cordy.  Welcome to your new home. I'll take care of you. 

#faithfulGodforever #scorpiosisterhood 

No comments: