Followers

About Me

My photo
Nobody understands who I really am and I don't really care.

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Aimless contemplation

 It won't be long now...

Though you are barely making it, 
and you feel the hours are long, 
while the days are running short. 
It won't be long now... 
Before things start turning around. 

Time flies when you dread the end, 
but it drags when you look forward to a close. 
Only the passage of days seem swift...
the healing, appears to take forever. 
Look over your shoulder, 
and appreciate how far you've come. 

Be thankful for goodbyes, 
because it means there are good memories to keep. 
Be accepting of what will be, 
and avoid being reduced by circumstances which are against you. 
Be mindful of your words. 
You can take them back, but the pain you caused will remain for a time. 
Don't take things personally...
people are just doing their best to survive...
because like you, they too, are barely making it. 

Take it easy. 
Know in your heart that however the situation pans out, 
it will always be God's redirection. 
Your life still matters even with all your imperfections. 

It won't be long now...
Hold on to that trickle of hope that you still see.
What God holds for you, is what will be. 

***
Slept early because I had to bear a terrible headache the whole day.  I was feeling distressed because of the upcoming Town Hall meeting tomorrow.  The e-mail that we all received, affected us immediately.  The memo was well written, but I could read through the words.  We all could.  Now we can only hope for the best.  Praying for the strength to endure whatever will come to be.

Note above is about me, being there for me. At the end of the day, I have to be there for me.  I also have to tell myself off, when I feel I have been unkind.  Will do my best to hold it out, with anxiety and all.

Slept my feelings away, as usual, because slumber has become my best defense mechanism. Put on some relaxing ukulele music in the background to calm my heart.  Woke up to the soft pitter patter of the rain on my window. 

It's raining in Abu Dhabi.  

Though it meant winter is approaching, and I am not a fan of the cold, my heart found hope.  As the season starts to change, I am reminded that what I am going through will not last. It won't be long now... I will get to a better season soon.  

Just had to write it out before my thoughts get lost in oblivion.  




No comments: